WeatherSTAR Emulator Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WeatherSTAR Emulator Forum

Everything you need to know about TWC emulators

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stream 2D/3D Blu-ray to Apple TV 2/3 & Xbox 360

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

EmilyFaye

Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Watch 2D/3D Blu-ray on Apple TV 3/Xbox 360

Description: A very easy-to-use to help you rip commercial 2D/3D Blu-ray to H.264 M4V format within a few clicks, so that you can playback Blu-ray movie on Apple TV 2/3, iPad, iPhone and Xbox 360.

"I want to be able to back up all my blu-rays and stream/play on Apple TV 3 and Xbox 360; I see there are lots of softwares can do this but still not quite familiar about how to choose the format; can you help?"

As a big Blu-ray fan, I own a large collection of Blu-rays including 2D/3D movies, director cut editions, limited editions, discs released for anniversaries, etc. We usually watch these movies on Apple TV 3 in living room via NAS as home, so we are quite familiar about the whole workflow.

Obviously, blu-ray discs are not supported by Apple TV as it doesn't own a disc drive. So we choose to rip these Blu-ray discs to Apple TV compatible format, in this case we prefer the H.264 M4V format. Lucky for you, H.264 M4V is also supported by xbox 360 so I guess you can simply finish all the tasks with one hit.
Stream 2D/3D Blu-ray to Apple TV 2/3 & Xbox 360 Blu-ray-atv-xbox360
To rip Blu-ray to H.264 M4V, firstly you need to roll off the disc protection then compress it to M4V. We recommend a tool named Pavtube ByteCopy
which we have been using over a year. It's very easy to use, rips every of my discs, works reliably and updates frequently. (See also: ByteCopy Review)

Tips:
1. Mac version is renamed as Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac
pavtube.com/bytecopy-mac/
(See also: Review);

How to convert 2D/3D Blu-ray movies to Apple TV 2/3 and Xbox 360?

Step 1. Run Pavtube ByteCopy, and load Blu-ray movie to it.

Note to keep internet connected during this period.

Stream 2D/3D Blu-ray to Apple TV 2/3 & Xbox 360 Blu-ray-to-atv-xbox

Step 2. Select output format.

Click "Format" and choose "Apple TV -> Apple TV 2/3 720P Dolby Digital Pass-through(*.m4v)" preset as it's optimized for Apple TV 2/3. Of course you can also play this video on Xbox 360, iPad and iPhone.

See also: Play Blu-ray with multi-track MP4 on Apple Devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod & Apple TV)

Step 3. Change target video/audio specs (Optional)

If you are not satisfied with the default video/audio specs, click "Settings" to adjust video seize(pixel), frame rate, bitrate (the higher bitrate, the larger file size and better video quality), or audio settings.

Stream 2D/3D Blu-ray to Apple TV 2/3 & Xbox 360 Atv-2-3-settings

Tips: An AC-3 encoded audio track will also be included for Apple TV to pass-through Dolby Digital 5.1 sound, so that it will work in surround sound when Apple TV is connected to audio receiver, and also in stereo when Apple TV is connected with TV only.

Step 4. Start Conversion.

Click the big "Convert" to start converting Blu-ray to Apple TV 2/3, iPad/iPhone and Xbox 360. After conversion, you can click "Open" to find the converted files.

Now transfer your video to iPhone/iPad/Apple TV via iTunes 11, or use a USB drive to transfer the video to Xbox 360.

Money saving bundles:
ByteCopy($42) + Video Converter Ultimate($65) = Only $80, Save $27
ChewTune($29) + ByteCopy($42) = Only $54, Save $17
ByteCopy($42) + Video Converter($35) = Only $60, Save $17
ByteCopy($42) + DVD Creator($35) = Only $60, Save $17
ByteCopy($42) + MXF MultiMixer($45) = Only $70, Save $17

Related articles:
How to keep Dolby Digital 5.1 audio in Blu-ray movie?
Rip DVD movie to M4V Apple TV 3 without DVD Player
Getting DVD ISO files into iTunes for Apple TV 3 with Dobly Digital 5.1 audio
Downloading TiVo files to Mac for Apple TV 3, iPad and iPod Streaming
Convert MKV, AVI, VOB, MPG, Tivo, FLV video to iTunes 11 playable videos on Mac

Source:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum